Compatibile with Thermomix TM5 and TM31
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz lobster
- 1 carrot
- 1 rib celery
- 1 (yellow) onion
- 1 oz butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp (dried) thyme
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- to taste for garnish chives
- Put into the bowl water and the lobster tails into the steaming basket.
- Put in place the steming basket: 12 min. 250°F speed 1.
- Remove the basket and set aside, separately, lobsters and cooking liquid.
- Put into the bowl (empty) carrot, celery and onion: 5 sec. speed 8.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add butter: 5 min. 210°F speed 2.
- Add tomato paste, thyme and lobster steaming liquid: 12 min. 250°F speed 1.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shells, cut each into pieces and set aside.
- Add cream, cornstarch and some pieces of lobster: 1 min. speed 7.
- Then: 5 min. 250°F speed 1 reverse.
- Add remaining lobster pieces: 1 min. 250°F speed 1 reverse.
- Pour into bowl and scatter chives over the top; add a drizzle of heavy cream if you like.