Golden syrup dumplings
Compatibile with Thermomix TM5 and TM31
- 5 oz self raising flour
- 2 oz butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 oz milk
- 18 oz water
- 3 oz sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
For the dumplings
- Put into the bowl self raising flour and butter (diced): 8 sec. speed 6.
- Check for a breadcrumb type consistency result.
- Add sugar and milk: 10 sec. speed 4.
- Check for a just combined result, do not overmix or your dumplings will be too dense.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into a ball and create all the dumplings.
- Leave dumplings to rest into the fridge.
For the sauce
- Put water, sugar and golden syrup into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and bring to the boil.
- Put carefully the dumplings into the sauce, turn down heat and cook for 15 minutes until dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve the dumplings with ice cream.