Caramelized red onions
Compatibile with Thermomix TM5 and TM31
- 18 oz onion
- 3 oz white wine
- 1 oz brandy
- 3 oz sugar
- 3 oz brown sugar
- Peel and cut in thin slices the onions.
- Put in an airtight container with wine and brandy.
- Blend softly, add sugar and let it rest for at least 8 hours.
- Put the mixture into the bowl: 10 min. 210°F speed 2 reverse.
- Continue: 30 min. 250°F speed 2 reverse.
- Add some water if needed during the cooking time.
- Use caramelized onions on top of steak, for tarts, pizza or as onion dip.